Wednesday, April 9, 2008

How long does it take to build a relationship?

This question has many answers ... starting from a minute .. to years ... but a recent visit from a lil one has given me some insight ..
I saw Shiibs when she was probably in the 6th std at my wedding .. and she was a brat even then .. she hid my slippers as the custom goes ... but i managed to get away with it ..
And then ... Shiibs came down last week during her summer break .. and wat a time we had ..
We managed to do all the things under the sun ... we went karting .. bungee trampoline .. rock climbing .. partying .. visits to the scary house ... gaming .. u name it .. we did it ...
Generally we would think twice before we would do any of these .. thinking .. ok .. we're a lil old to do this .. but she brought out the an old brat in me which was sleeping all this while.. and that i think is very important .. important because .. i saw that we need to have the child in us alive .. or else we'll just start becoming middle aged .. pot bellied .. maybe even a pointy haired boss !!
We sat and downloaded a whole lot of music .. R&B and hip hop which i'm kinda not a big fan off .. but they were kind of ok i guess at the end of the day .. the night we tried to write those CD's and it was not working .. her eyes almost filled with tears!... we went for bike rides ... ohhh and one crazy evening of hunting for a shrug all over the town! The dissappointment when we didnt get it after going to so many stores.. the almost wet eyes .. again :) .. the lil keedi which we had to coax and tell it to stay put for a while .. the way her nose starts slowly pointing in anger!! and finally the joy when we found it .. :) these still being back smiles :) I never realised how attached i would get to her ... i kinda felt like her godfather .. kinda italiano :) so i told her .. next time any body troubles her .. all she has to say is . "ayee.. i'll call my jiju and he'll take care of u!!" :)
so a part of me went away with her .. a part that had so much fun .. reminded me of my school days :)
so finally .. how long does it take to build a relationship..? I think its the chemistry and the energy that the two people share .. take tainu and me for instance .. that is one helluva ride .. tainology was born coz of her .. take tinks and me .. no one can call me choti pa like the way she does :) and take shiibs .. the way she calls me jiju .. is sweet music ... each one has a very special place in my heart .. and will always remain ..
guess i'm pretty lucky to have these guys around ..
i feel like i'm the king of the world ..
choking ... yeah .. a pretty emotional post :)

No comments: